Sunday 29 June 2008

Beaker Songbook

I am pleased to announce the publication of the new Beaker Songbook '08-09. 496 songs in the traditional Beaker style, which we will be singing at all major lunar and solar celebrations for the next twelve months, starting on Lammas Day this year. Which gives you all a month to learn the songs. The good news is that the CD box set "Hnaef sings the Beaker Songbook" is now also available, price £28, in the Beaker Mall.

Now I know what you are thinking. You're thinking "this is just like one of those cod-traditional Celtic songbooks they're always publishing, full of bad poetry and corny social concern. If I ever hear "Brother, Sister, let me serve you" again I'm going up to Iona with a bulldozer". And I can understand that attitude. But don't forget that this is Beaker worship. An authentic tradition - two thousand years older than the so-called "Celtic" civilisation (of which we have no historical record in Great Britain). Indeed, Hnaef assures me that he translated every single song out of the original Beaker tongue, from a scroll that he acquired from "some bloke in Woburn Sands". Unfortunately the scroll has since been lost, destroyed in the Records Shed Blaze that so inconveniently also lost last year's VAT receipts.

So rush down to purchase this last record of authentic Beaker Folk culture from the Beaker Mall. £22 or, with "Junior Beaker Praise" by Dug Hourly, a mere £30.

1 comment :

  1. I asume this comes with a C.D.Rom for suitable for Video projection!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl