Thursday 21 August 2008

Liturgy for the nativity of Joe Strummer

Preparation

Archdruid: The shareef dont like it
All: Rockin the casbah - Rock the casbah
Archdruid: The shareef dont like it
All: Rockin the casbah - Rock the casbah

Liturgy of Middle-Class Atonement for what they've done to everyone else...

Archdruid: The wives hate their husbands and their husbands don't care
All: Their children daub slogans to prove they lived there.
Archdruid: A giant pipe organ up in the air
All: You can't live in a home which should not have been built
Archdruid: By the bourgeoise clerks who bear no guilt
All: When the wind hits this building, this building it tilts.

Liturgy of Middle-Age Regret that we're not as young as we used to be

Archdruid: Breakin rocks in the hot sun
All: I fought the law and the law won. I fought the law and the law won.
Archdruid: I needed money cause I had none
All: I fought the law and the law won. I fought the law and the law won.



Anthem: "London's Calling" to the tune of "Cambridge New"

Offertorium


Archdruid: My daddy was a bankrobber
All: But he never hurt nobody
Archdruid: He just loved to live that way
All: And he loved to steal your money

Invitation to the Riot

Archdruid: White riot - I wanna riot. White riot - a riot of my own. White riot - I wanna riot. White riot - a riot of my own
All: And also with you.

The service will conclude with the burning down of the Potting Shed, unless Hnaef manages to stop them.

Happy birthday, Joe Strummer, wherever you are.

2 comments :

  1. Amen, amen, brother, errr, sister, errr, Reverend Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you have linen to fold????

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl