Tuesday 28 April 2009

That Petition

When I created the Beaker Free Speech Petition page I was expecting to see some sensible petitions being created.  Perhaps people asking for a new shade of Hi Viz, or suggesting that what I really needed was for the Community to pay for me to have a fourth home, or buy a nice table lamp and put it on the expenses.
But now what do I find but somebody has started a petition suggesting that I stand down as Archdruid of Husborne Crawley. 
Now clearly I'm as in favour of democracy as the next unelected and unpopular leader.  And public opinion is very important. 
That is why, having done some checking of IP addresses, three members of my newly formed Beaker Police went round to Drayton's room earlier and turned the place over.  Sadly he was out, and all we found was some love-letters from Drizella containing some particularly saucy details.
Since the Beaker Petition page has unaccountably crashed due to something that Young Keith described as "bandwidth issues", we have photocopied Drizella's letters and are passing them round the place.  I hope that will all keep you amused while we get the new anti-privacy software installed. 

1 comment :

  1. I propose that the Archdruids homes be sold, and all of the proceeds poured into the community. If she objects we will smash her new table lamp...

    those police don't scare me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl