Wednesday 10 March 2010

Steaming Live Video

I really should learn.

When I read in the programme that Young Keith was planning "Steaming Live Video" from this morning's Pouring Out of Beakers (now back on due to Spring) I made the assumption that the title was a misprint.  I was expecting that people from as far afield as Fiji, Indiana and Howling would be able to watch via a streaming video feed as, clad in our Lent-tide red hi-viz, we poured out last night's Waters of Receptiveness to watch it flow down the Husborne Spring on its long journey to the sea.

But no.  Young Keith really meant "Steaming".

The Pouring Out of Beakers is a solemn event, and the start to all Beaker daily programmes unless there is an important sun- or moon-rise to observe.  Heating the water up to near-boiling point and then adding vast amounts of Dry Ice to it is not really in accordance with this solemnity.  I should have guessed when I saw the oven gloves.  As the water was poured into the Well of Opening by the Eternal Flame, CO2 fog rose sharply and unexpectedly and filled the whole Moot House.  Those watching the Live Steaming Video from the Internet Cafe tell me that all they saw was a gray, swirling cloud.
If people want to stagger around in a fog, trying to work out which door to leave through they should join the General Synod.  That's all I can say.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl