Thursday 12 August 2010

An offence against nature

There are some things in life we know should never be.
Some things that were never meant to exist, even in the fallen world in which we live.
And even though it was my day off, I knew that I had to confirm my suspicions. See the abomination in our midst.  Understand the horror we had to deal with.

So I've just been up to the chapel, and checked. 

I've counted three times, and re-counted, and then I dragged Oswald out of his house.  And it's true.

The church notice board had enough drawing pins in it.  We had put every single poster up on it, each with four drawing pins - one at each corner. Without any of the posters having to share a drawing pin. Without any overlapping posters.

It was monstrous, and a scandal amongst church notice boards. There was nothing for it.  I've spent the last hour removing sufficient drawing pins that the posters have to share, and adding sufficient extraneous information that at least a third of every poster is now obscured by another one.

It's a labour of love, but I've now done this to every church notice board I've ever come across. If you find that your notice board doesn't have quite enough drawing pins for the posters, even though logic says that surely somebody must have bought enough in the first place - I've been there too.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl