Thursday 28 October 2010

Another failed outreach

It's been a stressful time for me. Which is worrying, as stress is a sin caused by lack of faith. As indeed is worrying, so this morning I am doubly sinful. Shortly, I must away and take a cold bath to shake my moral faculties back into line, and then spend the rest of the day repenting in dust and ashes. The dust and ashes because Eileen has put me onto the job of clearing out the pellet-burning boiler she had installed last month.

My Non-Comformist's Guide to Holy Evangelism told me that when carrying out door-to-door ministry you should maximise your target conversion (I hate the terminology, but that's what it says) by ensuring you call at a time when you're sure the target (i.e. the householder who is to receive the Good News) is in. So naturally I started knocking on doors at 1am, once I was sure everybody in Coffee Hall would be back from the pub. Yes, they were in. But you'd be amazed how many of them were really angry. It's all been most tiring, and I've only one new convert. A chap called Ernie, who suffers from insomnia. He was ever so pleased to have someone to talk to, and has agreed to come to my evening service on Sunday, as long as it's held at half past midnight.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl