Monday 3 January 2011

1611/2011

Met Drayton in the White Horse today. No surprise there: he likes to come round from time to time to rail at the evil that's being perpetrated, etc., etc., and after a few minutes he's usually happy to come round into the Saloon Bar for a glass of fizzy water (no ice, no lemon) and a chat.

He didn't seem to care that I had a copy of the NIV on my phone. Or the NEB. Or the Good News Bible (or the "Not Quite Such Good News for SINNERS Bible", as he put it). But when I showed him that I had a copy of the Authorised Version on it as well, he spat out his Perrier. I'm not sure if it was the fact that I had it on there in the first place, or that it was sharing the phone with the other Bibles, but he seriously freaked. Luckily, I didn't show him some of the other apps and content I have on the phone, but I think he's headed out for a big lie-down. Or maybe a big rant somewhere. Or, if we're lucky, both.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl