Thursday 27 January 2011

The little details

Yesterday I was touched and flattered that our friend Church Mouse allowed me to write a "piece", as I believe it's called, on Growth, George and Gaia.
On reading it back again today, however, I notice two minor changes. Where I wrote"Global Warming (TM)" and "CO2", they have been rendered as  "Global Warming (TM)" and "CO2". A mere copyist's error, I have no doubt, caused by an inability to reach the "superscript" and "subscript" buttons with paws. But as a result, instead of a thoughtful piece, balancing the need for economic development with respect for the environment, it makes me come over as some kind of megalomaniac who wants to fly around the country in a helicopter while her fellow Beaker-folk press doilies in a desperate attempt to cling to a subsistence lifestyle.
Truly it is amazing how it is the little details that make a difference.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl