Tuesday 11 January 2011

Small garden ornaments

Spurred on by the success of my previous theological reflections on Queues, I feel that I have something to add to the Archdruid's thoughts on heresy.

It has come to my attention that members of our community have been making representations to the Archdruid on the subject of the garden ornaments that I have been placing, over the past several years, around the community buildings. I have the Archdruid's full support on this endeavour to brighten up the local environment (or, at least, she's never complained about it to my face). I believe that these little ornaments, representing small, bearded men (and women, I suppose) involved in everyday, often humourous, pursuits such as fishing, pushing wheelbarrows, or lowering their trousers in an inoffensive manner, provide for a positive atmosphere, and act as excellent talking pieces for these wishing to indulge in light-hearted discussion as they wander around the locality.

I take great umbrage at attempts to have these ornaments removed or declared personae minimae non gratae. This anti-gnomianism must cease now.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl