Saturday 29 January 2011

Stringed instruments

Although I have to admit that I found few of the performances at last night's service exactly to my taste, I was encouraged by the enthusiastic music-making to re-consider a genre for which I have long held a torch, and whose key instruments I long ago harboured an interest in playing.

I speak, of course, of Bluegrass, and the banjo and mandolin, most royal of terpsichordian accessories.

I mentioned this to Young Keith whilst imbibing a quick pint or two down at the White Horse. He enlightened me to the existence of a film which is, apparently, a key witness to this most exciting, inspiring and uplifting of musical tropes. It is named "Deliverance", and, from its title I surmise that it will be a beautiful and touching examination of spirituality and religious revelation.

Young Keith has kindly offered to lend me his copy - oddly missing packaging, and on an unprinted but hand-labelled DVD - and Mrs Hnaef and I are settling down now to enjoy a quiet and, no doubt, romantic evening in front of the wide-screen TV.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl