Saturday 1 January 2011

Television "progress"

A new television arrived today. Well, Mrs Hnaef tells me that it is a television, but it bears very little resemblance to our existing set. It is thin. Its "aspect ratio" puts one more in mind of a letterbox than a needlework sampler. It takes fewer than 10 minutes to warm up the valves. It is approximately 32 inches of diagonal dimensionality (Mrs Hnaef made a quite unfathomable comment about how size _does_ matter). It can receive more than the canonical 3 channels. You can choose to receive a version of BBC 1 which _isn't_ in Welsh. And, mirabile dictu, it has more than the standard 2 colours!
Mrs Hnaef tells me that she won it in a competition in the Alison Moyet Appreciation Guild magazine, but I suspect that my period of unconsciousness yesterday was longer than I had previously appreciated.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment :

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl