Friday 4 February 2011

Careers advice

People often ask me how it is that someone so erudite, attractive and well-balanced became an Accountant.
And I must admit, Dear Reader, that I am a little embarrassed about the truth. So often times I will mumble something about a desire for the facts, for truth, and the excitement of being in a chicken farm, trying to count the assets.
But I must confess. When the form came round in our Careers class I assumed it was a multiple choice test. Not knowing what the right or wrong answer was I panicked and ticked box "A".
If I had ticked box "B" instead, I would have become an acrobat. And who knows how things might have turned out?
Now if you will excuse me. I know it's early, but all those packs of doilies aren't going to count themselves.

2 comments :

  1. Burton,

    I assume that you have broken all of the mirrors in your abode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At my school, if you were fool enough to ask the careers maste for advice, he always told you to either go into the law or accountancy. We all thought accountancy was boring, but a lot of my colleagues qualified in law before (mostly) going on to other things.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl