Tuesday 22 February 2011

Full support

I have been asked by the Archdruid to record that not only does she have my full support, but also the support of everyone in the community.

Not only has she asked me to do this, but, as far as I can tell, it actually seems to be true. Everyone I asked responded, "Yes, yes, we'd prefer to keep her, not that, please not that" to the carefully neutral question I was asking "do you wish to maintain the status quo with our Archdruid maintaining order, or would you like her trusted lieutenant [I pronounced this "left-tenant", of course] to take over the reins of power and assume the mantle of responsibility for the running of the community?"

I even received the same response from Mrs Hnaef.

Maybe she doesn't want me to overburden myself with the stresses of leadership.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

3 comments :

  1. well with the threat of Hnaef running the community who can blame them, maybe Young Kieth would have secured a different reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that rebellion by trusted Lieutenant's is not an option open in Husborne Crawley.

    This speaks volumes for the Archdruid's ability to maintain a sense of perspective within the other members of the community.

    I suspect that steel toecaps might have something to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hnaef, I've had some really good news. I've just rediscovered my old Slazenger V400 in the smashed-up boot of the Porsche Cayenne!
    I thought you'd be pleased to hear that.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl