Saturday 19 February 2011

Good works

Whatever your views on the Epistle of St James on whether Good Works help you in the Hereafter (and, believe me, you don't want to get Drayton started on this subject - or any other, come to that), I've found that performing highly conspicuous good works in particular people's directions can bring Peace In Our Time [tm], though it's sometimes somewhat short-lived.

To this end, given the Archdruid's recent pogrom against lycra, I have introduced her to Bobbin Bicycles (http://www.bobbinbicycles.co.uk/ - I rather fancy the bowler).

I also made Mrs Hnaef a (rather strong) Irish coffee this morning, and am taking her out to the Pictures this afternoon. I thought that a nice quiet film would be a calming and romantic occasion, and have chosen what sounds like a gentle, slow-moving romantic comedy (Mrs Hnaef does like her RomComs) for some special time together: just us, a box of maltesers (I'll bring some cotton wool along to stop them rolling around too loudly), and a few like-minded couples (one half of whom also neglected to be home for Valentine's Day). Bliss.

I'll try to remember to provide my review of the 2pm showing of "Tangled - 3D" at a later juncture.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl