Tuesday 29 March 2011

Not being Captain of the England Football Team

An odd phone call last night.

I've had to explain to Fabio Capello that I'm not going to be captain of the England football team. I'd never realised that, by sending everybody under the age of 45 with two working legs back to their clubs, the well from which he is now drawing captains had become so low.

I've thanked Fabio for his kind offer, but pointed out that, as the middle-aged Archdruid of a religious community in Middle England, I'm not really suited for the role. After all, with a bit of luck and a folllowing wind, and given the way the top half of the Premiership has gone this year, Husborne Crawley are still in with a slight chance of qualifying for Europe, and we need to concentrate on that.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl