Wednesday 23 March 2011

Wanting Lent to last forever

I've given up Mr Hnaef for Lent. This has bought me much peace, contentment and, well, bliss. No longer do I have to summon the energy to find a sarcastic, yet witty, response to questions like:
Have you seen the (hoover/microwave/chocolate/children)?
Do we have any (food/loo roll/children/bible tracts)?
Any chance of a (cup of tea/bacon butty/pint)?

As far as I can see the only drawback is not being able to nag Mr Hnaef about Bin Night. Which is Man's Work. And tomorrow night. Green bin, by the way.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

1 comment :

  1. I have great anguish for Mr Hnaef. He is troubled, having to resort to pub food and drink and convivial company (or so it seems) to survive.

    Where is his suffering, where is his loss of facilities. He most certainly needs more of the less to help him to realise that Lent is about his suffering, not his freedom.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl