Wednesday 2 March 2011

Wot no Democracy? Feast of St Chad

Today we celebrate the English bishop St Chad. Patron saint of small pieces of paper, people who look over walls, dodgy elections and the left half of my old college chapel.

To celebrate St Chad's day it seemed appropriate that we should hold our Synodical elections later on. And I'm glad to announce that I've been returned with 97% of the popular vote. I know technically I shouldn't have announced the result until after the election has been held, but I was just so keen to share the good news with you.

Now can you all get back to punching those holes in pieces of paper? It's all in honour of St Chad, and I'm hoping we can sell it as cut-price confetti.

3 comments :

  1. Isn't he also the patron saint of American prep-school movies, there's always a kid called "chad" in those..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Eileen!

    I am just slightly worried that the left and right halves of your chapel might have celebrated Easter on different dates.. perhaps that is a good thing... perhaps we could split all churches and chapels in half and modify your defrag programme to group them in different camps according to the prevailing issue of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just so good to see true democracy in action.
    Congratulations Archdruid!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl