Wednesday 4 May 2011

Coronation Street "not a gay place"

Anglican Mainstream reports that Coronation St actors (unnamed) and one former actor(named) are unhappy with the number of gay plotlines. I have to say I don't watch it so I'm trusting my sources here. And I'm not sure what they mean by "gay storylines". Are these plotlines that are exclusively related to gay issues, or are they plotlines that happen to involve gay people?

Apparently there are two lesbians, four homosexual men and a transexual. And this does seem completely un-realistic. After all, If this really were the demographic of a small working-class street, at the very least you'd expect more variety in the shops, and soaring property prices. Come on, Corrie, get your act together! Surely there ought to be a decent wine bar opening, if nothing else.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl