Wednesday 25 May 2011

More tea musings

Oh, how I miss England. And tea. And Mrs Hnaef, of course. But tea, oh tea.

Luckily the US censor has failed in his (surely "his"? A female version would be a censtor, yes?) duties, and allowed a few true English sites into the country, such as "A nice cup of tea and a sit down" (http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/).

I sometimes wonder whether I made a mistake in buying Mrs Hnaef a nice coffee maker. I don't drink the stuff, of course, but it's created a barrier between us (well, usually a double strength latte, but you get the idea). No more tea in bed. One of us drinks coffee.

But, to return to the matter in hand. People here in the US seem to think you can drink tea with lemon.

What? I mean, I visited a church today for a service. They were very friendly, which is always worrying, but we got over that by bring a little awkward over the Peace. The priest was rather young and epikletic, but didn't overdo things. So, we finished the service, and he invited me back to the parish office. I know what you're thinking. Young, attractive American priest invites ruggedly handsome English Druid round to his place after the service: a few drinks, some antipasti, some more drinks, and suddenly we're condemning Arminians, Methodists and Funambulist Baptists. What could be more fun, more wholesome?

And I was about to accept his offer when I had a terrible thought: what if he drinks tea with lemon in it? So I declined. And that evening I could have spent still exists, unsullied, in my imagination.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl