Sunday 15 May 2011

Richard Dawkins refuses to debate the Existence of God with the Beaker Folk

Beaker People have been left shocked by Richard Dawkins' refusal to debate the existence of God with our Druzilla.

I should probably admit that we've not asked him, but I don't see any reason why he should wriggle off the hook on that technicality. Druzilla has encountered God down the end of the Orchard, and tells us that she can show him to us if we want. Last week when we went down there with her, she indicated God's presence to us in the shadows. When we pointed out that we couldn't see or hear anything, she told us that was because we were lacking faith. Then she showed us a gap in the hedge - and told us that was the "God-shaped hole" we've heard so much about.

But we don't understand why, just because she's a deluded fanatic and we've not asked him, that stops Richard Dawkins debating the existence of God with her. If we're going to carry on calling him "The Good Professor" when he's not really a professor any more, we reckon he should be forced personally to debate the existence or otherwise of God with everyone of faith that wants to have the argument. We realise that this might take him some time, but let's face it he's married to a Time Lord, and it's not like he needs to work for a living any more, so we can't see why he can't manage it somehow.

4 comments :

  1. I hear that "professor" (cough cough) Ditchkens doesn't even believe in the tooth fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can he debate anything with you when he doesn't actually exist? (Well, I've never seen any proof of his existence anyway, so why should I believe in him?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady Apologist, if I were a dishonest person I'd cover this up. But I'm not. So here goes.
    He was in my department at University. He really does exist. As much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry there's always youtube ;)

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl