Tuesday 3 May 2011

Trees

The Archdruid has a very healthy fascination with trees, and called me up this morning to ask me to do some research. Always one to see pecuniary advantages from current events, she asked me to "look into possible tie-ins with the wedding: you know, those trees and associated tack."
I had not previously been aware of the connection, but of course, now that she's mentioned it, I'm unsurprised by the interest of the "horsey set" in the marriage of the young Royal Couple.
A quick search on the Interweb revealed little of relevance, so I contacted my darling mother, who is a not inconsiderably talented wood-turner. She's promised to look into "bridle" opportunities (with thanks to George Herbert for that pun), and is even planning to create a nice maple stirrup.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl