Monday 20 June 2011

Dave Walker - an apology

I would like to apologise to Dave Walker for Hnaef's recent insults regarding his drawing skill.

I have explained to Hnaef that the reason Dave draws in black and white is because he is published in Church publications. The church was really early adopting the use of the Printing Press. Indeed so much so that Bibles and religious literature formed the bulk of early printed material. However, having established its modernist cred, the Church has somewhat rested on its laurels since. It has heard of the concept of a four-colour printing process, but wouldn't want to rush into anything too quickly - maybe after it has rolled out the Overhead Projector to all its establishments.

I look forward to Dave becoming our Artist in Residence, and I just hope his stamina is up to the bike ride.

5 comments :

  1. Those strange American churches have moved on as far as two colour printing, black and red, and use that in their Bibles with all kinds of weird consequences.

    Don't confuse Dave Walker with the cycling Methodist minister Dave Warnock. Dave Walker is an Anglican layman and his preferred form of transport, to judge from his blog, is the worst railway in the country, c2c.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Peter. I should say that I have seen Dave Walker once. He was sitting next to Simon Sarmiento. I waved, but was removed by the Church House security, who take a dim view of people waving in the Public Gallery. And have a very strong grip on your elbow.

    And Burton has met Dave Warnock, on a trip to see the Pukka Pies factory at Syston. He was indeed riding a bike, but crucially he wasn't sitting next to Simon Sarmiento.

    So that's how we tell them apart. If he's sitting next to Simon Sarmiento, it's almost certainly Dave walker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Archdruid,

    You've got it right with the bicycle.

    Waving in the public gallery - they probably thought you wanted to be directed to the Facilities. But then I take a dim view of the Church House security owing to Certain Incidents. I'm sorry not to have waved back, especially as nothing else would have been occupying my mind.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to say that if you read this blog in dubai, there are little bits of Arabic sprinkled around the top of the page. Is this the Beaker Folk outreach?


    Or do they just advertise Blogger?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew, I've no idea. The Beaker Folk of Dubai is more of an arms-length venture, and I can't even speculate on what they are doing. As long as they keep paying the money for the franchise, I'm not complaining. Although I will complain if they keep paying it in Euros printed in Greece.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl