Monday 20 June 2011

Resident Artist

Great excitement in the Community today as the Archdruid has extended the offer of the position of Artist in Residence to an "up-and-coming-young-cartoonist-whose-work-I-admire-now-just-buzz-off-Hnaef-I'm-busy".  It took me a while to find out who the artist is, but after some close investigation (and Young Keith having a look over the network logs to trace recent email traffic), it turns out that it's none other than Dave Walker!  He of Cartoon Blog ( http://www.cartoonchurch.com/blog/) fame!
Obviously, the Community is a-buzz - mainly because we have many middle-aged ladies who are excited by the thought of "new blood" - but I've done my own research, and it appears to me that Mr Walker may, like myself, have Anglican Leanings.  It would be very exciting to have such another in our midst.  In return for his indulging me in Anglican Discussions with me, I may also teach him how to colour in, as it seems, from a brief overview of his oeuvre, that he hasn't yet learned how to do this yet.
We await his response (well, the Archdruid does, and, by proxy, so does Young Keith), but rest assured that I will keep all interested parties up-to-date.  I plan to start him off on wax crayons, with the intention of moving to felt-tips in 6-9 months' time.

2 comments :

  1. Given today's news, is Anglican Leanings a euphemism?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be glad to accept. Colouring in was always on my list of things to learn (see aforementioned oeuvre).

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl