Friday 12 August 2011

Tolerance and t-shirts

Given all the excitement of Being In Charge[tm], you might have been forgiven for not noticing that it was my birthday this week. To celebrate it, Mrs Hnaef encouraged me to buy a t-shirt from Stonewall UK - a most worthy charity, I am assured by all. It is most excellent, and as it arrived yesterday, I am wearing it today. It has an important message: that if people wish to be happy, then you should not bother yourself about it. The text is "Some People are Gay. Get over It." I cannot understand why Young Keith has been tittering to himself ever since I came down to breakfast this morning, proudly sporting this motto.

Anyway, as the Archdruid is due back soon, and in the spirit of the Parable of the Talents, I have designed a new version: "Some People are Beaker. This Should not Present You with a Problem." I think it is relevant, catchy, promotes tolerance, and looks good in pink. So I have taken advantage of a bulk order discount and put 75,000 of them on the Community Amex card, which the Archdruid seemed to have left under some unrelated papers at the very back of the locked money box within the second safe, behind the picture of her (dear, departed) parents in her locked office. She will be overjoyed with my spontaneity, I'm sure.

5 comments :

  1. I look forward to photos of the Archdruid wearing her new t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Wandering American11:26 am, August 12, 2011

    I am sure that there is some sort of Britain-friendly webstore where you could design a t-shirt (and coffee mugs, and teapots, and baseball caps, and posters, and coasters...) without having to mass produce 75,000 of them. On demand production is a lovely thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She left you with the code to the safe and the key to the money box?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going to have a Beaker Pride march/ day?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh please, Sue - did you have to suggest that? The thought of dozens of people in Arran sweaters on the back of a float, bashing tabors...

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl