Sunday 30 October 2011

Liturgy of Getting the Clocks Wrong

Hnaef: Peace be with you.

Charlii: And with you.

Burton: Couldn't sleep either?

Hnaef: I just forgot to put them back.

Charlii: Worse than that for me. I followed Eileen's instructions on what time to get up. I've been up for hours.

Burton: So why's she not here herself?

Hnaef: She told me last night that a van-driving Radical and a Roman Catholic had put her right.

Charlii: Some of her "blogging" friends, I suppose.

Burton: Personally I reckon these people aren't real. I think she makes them up to pretend she's got a real "community".

Charlii: Burton, when you put a word "in quotes" please don't do that "quotes" action with your fingers.

Burton: Oh - why not?

Charlii: Because I'll break them.

Hnaef: I see Eileen's discernment was spot-on when she chose you as the trainee, Charlii.

Charlii: Yeah, well. What are we going to do now we're here?

Burton: We could pour out the Beakers.

Hnaef: No, I don't think Eileen would like that.

Burton: or I could preach my 45 minute sermon on "Etruscan number sequences in the book of Ezekiel? It's based on original research, and it would just fit.

Charlii: Let's not, and say we did.

Hnaef: Or. We could pour out the Beakers, to give ourselves something to do - and then fill them up again?

Burton: Sneaky, but fraught with danger.

Charlii: Or we could have a Cafe Church?

Hnaef - What, you mean go back to the Rainbow. Room and just have a cup of coffee? Sounds good to me. There must be something on Kids' TV.

Dismissal

Charlii: Hoobletoodledoo!

All: Hoobletoodledoo!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl