Saturday 12 November 2011

Another Parable of the Talents

An king went away on a journey. And before he went he called his servants to him. And unto one he gave five talents. And to the second he gave two talents. And to the third he gave one talent.

And he was away a long time. And when he returned, he called his servants to him. And the one who had received five talents said to him, "I have taken your five talents - and behold I have made them into five more talents." And the second came to him and said "Behold what I did with the two talents you gave me - I have earned two more talents".

And the third came to him and said "Frankly I couldn't see what I was going to achieve with just the one talent, so I borrowed a load of talents from a German bloke. And then I lent them to some Americans who wanted to buy their own Mobile homes. And then I borrowed a load more talents from the Chinese chap down the road. And I spent them on plasma TV screens and posh pasta. And behold I have no more talents, and the Americans can't pay me back and the Chinese man and the German bloke want their money back and there's nobody left to lend me any more talents.

So the king took the talents from the first servant, and from the second. And he gave them to the German bloke because his loan was due in first. And then he went to the Chinese bloke and asked if he could lend him any money, but it was looking a bit iffy. And so the king had to leave his country again. And the German bloke appointed the third servant - the one who had borrowed all the talents - as the new Prime Minister. And there was a great weeping and gnashing of teeth.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl