Wednesday 23 November 2011

Experimental Liturgy

I think it was Thirsty Gargoyle (although it may have been a former organic chemistry lecturer, that day I bounced a flask of burning ether down the lab bench) who once said to me that there's no such thing as a failed experiment. There are merely experiments we won't need to bother repeating.

I think Oric's experimental liturgy at Pouring Out of Beakers is one we won't need to bother repeating.

And yes, I know that lighting a tea light in a bowl of pebbles is kind of hackneyed now. But, ingenious as it undoubtedly was, lighting a pebble in a bowl of tea lights just doesn't work.

As I say, Oric shouldn't think of it as a failure. Just as one we won't need to bother repeating. No failure here at all.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl