Monday 28 May 2012

Richard Dawkins' Victory on Pasty Tax

I may have become completely confused by the issue by now, but I'm still backing Michael Gove's attempts to put  Richard Dawkins into every school in the country. Although I'm not sure whether Dr Richard will be so keen when he finds out he has to have Gove's name printed on his spine.

Still, a further twist in my understanding of the whole affair comes in this BBC news story.  It would appear that Dr Richard has managed to get the pasty tax reversed - at least that's the only explanation I can think of for why he appears to be posing in front of a huge cheese & onion slice.

2 comments :

  1. I think that Dawkins and Gove would be a tragic, comedy partnership. Dawkins liking to talk, interrupt, while Gove likes to Rant and to talk over others, and certainly doesn't listen.

    Hence the attempt to turn the clock back 400 years with the planting of a KJV in each school. Who will use or read it? The language is inaccessible to most CofE congregants, let alone modern teachers. What will children make of it.

    Sure, it is poetic and lovely, but surely a modern version in the vernacular such as the Pidgin Version would have been better. Or, at the least the NRSV or even, dare I say it, NIV.

    I have the KJV among many versions and do read it for the lovely poetic language. My next appointment with my Psychiatrist is next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like he's about to be walloped around the back of the head with a gold cushion. Is this some new way to settle teleological disputes perhaps? i.e. a pillow fight with the Papal cushions!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl