Sunday 2 September 2012

A New RIte of Passage

Since the dawn of time, human civilisations have used rites of passage to ease their way through life. We think of baptism of children, confirmation, of circumcision, Bar Mitzvah, Marriage, Last Rites and funerals.

And so today we were happy to celebrate the "Recognition that Burton has gone bald". It was a great sense of release for him. For years now he's been growing the hair down one size extra-long to create his comb-over, but he has been getting increasingly nervous in draughts. He's happier now. And now he can use those shears, he's gonna save a fortune on what have been increasingly short trips to the barber's.

3 comments :

  1. As one who post-60 remains hirsute and vibrant, I take pleasure that my son, half my age, has an increasingly large bald patch.

    I celebrate as my friends age and progressively lose their hair and either adopt comb overs or resort to the head shave.

    Goodness comes to the hirsute and leave the hairless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still remember the time when my father casually mentioned he was going to the barber. It was the look on his face when my brother asked if he was going to get his hairs cut...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still remember the time when my father casually mentioned he was going to the barber. It was the look on his face when my brother asked if he was going to get his hairs cut...

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl