Thursday 28 February 2013

Lamenting the Liturgy of Lentils

I dunno. Thanks to Sorghum for being so creative with this, but I just don't think the Liturgy of Lentils worked.

I mean - meditating on a pebble, sure. A pebble has some weight and solidity.

But a lentil - it's not even the size of a hazelnut. If it's being used as a metaphor for the smallness of the earth in God's hands, fine. I just don't like illustrations where the earth is quite that easy to drop down the grille over the drain.

And then, including the Little Pebbles. Full marks for the creativity and inclusivity. Minus 1000 out of 10 for Health and Safety.  Until we got little Anjii out of the A&E, I'd never realised how many lentils a small child can get in her ears.

So if anyone wants to use lentils in worship again, I suggest a nice curry instead next time.

1 comment :

  1. "And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting."

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl