Friday 5 April 2013

A Commemoration of the Nativity of John le Mesurier (1912)

The Reading is from Exodus 32

7 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go down, because your people, whom you brought up out of Egypt, have become corrupt. 8 They have been quick to turn away from what I commanded them and have made themselves an idol cast in the shape of a calf. They have bowed down to it and sacrificed to it and have said, ‘These are your gods, Israel, who brought you up out of Egypt.’
9 “I have seen these people,” the Lord said to Moses, “and they are a stiff-necked people. 10 Now leave me alone so that my anger may burn against them and that I may destroy them. Then I will make you into a great nation.”
Response: Do you think that's wise, Sir?


1 comment :

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl