Sunday 8 December 2013

Druidic Pay Rise 27%

Thankfully the complaints about the pay rise given to MPs have helped me to bury the announcement by the Druidic Remuneration Council, that the members of the Druidic Synod are to receive their own pay rise, of 27%.

I should stress that the Druidic Remuneration Council is totally independent, and makes its recommendations based on the underlying rate of mistletoe inflation and the cost of gold sickles, as well as considering what executives in other, related industries (Church of England, Roman Catholic, Knitwear) are receiving. We do not put any pressure on the Remuneration Council.

In other news, it's that time of year when I announce the annual pay rise for the Druidic Remuneration Council. And, by a remarkable co-incidence, that is also 27%.

As I reminded the Beaker Folk at this morning's "Mortification and Desolation" theme service, we're all very much in this together.

1 comment :

  1. You can send me my renumeration as before via the silver heron ok ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl