Wednesday 22 January 2014

If Football Managers were Pastors

I'm writing this at the end of 90 minutes, before the Extra Time in the Lower-Rated Teams Cup (aka League Cup) - a kind of consolation for teams that don't need to "concentrate on the League" any more).

Obviously, I don't know how it's going to end. But I'd just quickly like to reflect on how the managers reacted at the end of 90 minutes.

David Moyes, steely, miserable, stalked over to meet his players as they came off the pitch for the pre-Extra-Time huddle. Like a Wee Free minister whose prayer for healing from haemorrhoids has failed. Whereas Gus Poyet is jumping around, clapping his players off, grabbing their arms and encouraging them.

If they were ministers, not managers - I know who I'd rather have as my pastor.

2 comments :

  1. Gus Poyet must be the South American Pentecostal pastor, then

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what about them Seahawks?
    Jim, him of Olym, near Seattle WA USA Planet Earth

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl