Monday 9 June 2014

Last Chance to See

I'm not gonna link to it.

But the Telegraph site was recommending to me a site with an article on "9 Places to Go Before They Disappear Due to Global Warming."

I guess it's kind of irony tourism.  They're all low-lying tropical paradises, of course. The sort of place where you can only get if you - ahem - fly. In other words, to get to these places before they disappear, we're encouraged to adopt the single most effective method of pumping CO2 and pollutants into the atmosphere.

I look forward to the follow-up from that particular site. Where they identify the ten most endangered tasty species, so we can eat them before they're extinct. And maybe pick up an ironic souvenir, made from the ivory from the last African elephant.

2 comments :

  1. I didn't realise that Somerset was a low-lying tropical paradise. And even Somerset has stopped disappearing now.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl