Thursday 27 November 2014

Infinite Intercession

Oh gosh I've offended a lot of people.

Trouble was, Bodric's prayers of intercession. If there was a relative of a Beaker Person, a small town in the Middle East or a low-grade disaster anywhere in the world that went un-prayed-for, I couldn't tell you what it is.

Anyway, after twenty minutes I decided enough was enough.  So very, very quietly, so as not to disturb anyone, I snuck out of the Moot House and went off for a cup of tea.

So I've just had a delegation. Turns out "you shouldn't do that when you're leading the service". When Bodric got to the end and nothing happened, they just all sat there in silence, waiting for me to move on to the Beaker Pouring. They reckon it's the longest morning service in history.

2 comments :

  1. Oh dear, this rings bells.
    I know of an intercessor who is timed by at least half the congregation when his turn comes round.
    So far, as far as I know, no-one has actually left the church, but a few have apparently been turned to stone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in good company. I was once at a service where the prayers went on so long that the preacher who was supposed to follow left. And that preacher was a bishop!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl