Tuesday 11 November 2014

Not Respecting the Ancestors

It was a fraught meeting of the tea light sub-committee, that's the truth.

It was Dolorez's stubbornness that really wore me down. Yes, her grandmother was a dedicated servant of the Beaker Folk. Yes, we all miss her.

Yes, she was generous in her donations towards liturgical needs. But all the tea lights have been burnt now. We just have 20 empty tea light holders. 20 sad little empty aluminium cups. Which my spell checker keeps trying to correct to "aluminum". Frankly, that alone is reason enough to get rid of them.

No, we're not going to form them into a "pyramid of remembrance" to rest in perpetuity on the Worship Focus. And no, when I consider that it's just what she would have wanted, it doesn't melt my flinty old heart.

They're going in the skip, and that's the end of it. And if, as threatened, I burn in Hell, it won't be because of my attitude towards spent tea lights.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl